The protection of your personal data is important to us. Below you will find details on how we collect your personal data when you use our website.
§ 1 Information regarding the collection of personal data
- Personal data are data relating to a natural person, for example, name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
- Pursuant to article 4(7) of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is IFOK GmbH, Berliner Ring 89, 64625 Bensheim, email@example.com (see our legal notice). You can contact our data protection officer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via post by addressing your letter to “der Datenschutzbeauftragte” (the data protection officer).
- When you contact us by email or via a contact form, the information you share with us (your email address, and, if applicable, your name and telephone number) is stored so that we can respond to your queries. We shall delete the data collected in this way once they are no longer required, or we shall restrict their processing if legal record keeping requirements apply.
- Should we engage external providers to carry out some of the services we offer, or should we intend to use your data for marketing purposes, we shall provide you with detailed information about the processes involved (see below). In this case, we shall inform you regarding the specific criteria for determining the period for which the data will be stored.
§ 2 Your rights as data subject
You have the right:
- to request access to the personal data processed by us, pursuant to Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request the following information: the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipient to whom your personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the data will be stored, the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure or restriction of processing or to object, the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data where the personal data are not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about relevant details;
- to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data held by us or to have incomplete personal data completed, pursuant to Article 16 GDPR;
- to obtain the erasure of the personal data held by us to the extent that processing is not necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, pursuant to Article 17 GDPR;
- to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data where you contest the accuracy of the data or where the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure or where we no longer need the data, pursuant to Article 18 GDPR. Or where you need the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to processing, pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- to receive the personal data you have provided us with in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to obtain transmission of those data to another controller, pursuant to Article 20 GDPR;
- to withdraw your consent at any time, pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR; this means that we may not continue to process the data for which consent had been given;
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, pursuant to Article 77 GDPR; you can normally contact the supervisory authority in your habitual residence, place of work or our company`s location.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- When you visit our website for information purposes only, i.e. when you do not register or transmit information in any other way, we only collect personal data transmitted by your browser to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that are necessary for technical reasons, such as displaying the website and ensuring its stability and security (legal basis: first sentence of Point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Specific data volume transmitted
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and corresponding interface
- Language and version of browser software.
- In addition to the above data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive by your browser and that enable certain information to be transmitted to the entity using the cookie (in this case us). Cookies are not able to run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They allow websites to be more user-friendly and effective.
- This website uses the following types of cookies. Below you will find an explanation of their scope and how they work:
- Transient cookies
- Persistent cookies
- Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. In particular, these include session cookies. Session cookies store a so-called session ID which helps to associate different requests made by your browser with the joint session. This means that your computer is recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log off or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a prescribed time period which varies from cookie to cookie. You can delete cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
- You can configure your browser settings as you wish, for example, you can refuse to accept third-party cookies or cookies in general. Please note that this may prevent you from using all the functions on this website.
- The flash cookies used are not collected by your browser, but by your flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects which are stored on your device. These objects store the requisite data independently of the browser you use and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not want flash cookies to be processed, you need to install an appropriate add-on, for example, “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to private mode. We also recommend manually deleting your cookies and browser history at regular intervals.
- This website uses the following types of cookies. Below you will find an explanation of their scope and how they work:
§ 4 Additional functions and services on our website
- Apart from using our website for information purposes, we offer various services you may use if you are interested. In this case, you are usually asked to provide further personal data which we use to perform the service in question and to which the aforementioned principles on data processing shall apply.
- From time to time, we use external providers to process your data. These providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us. They are bound by our instructions and shall be checked regularly. In particular, we use the services of CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG. to process user registration for events and to send out newsletters. You can find CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG’s privacy statement here.
- Moreover, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if competition entries, contracts or similar services are offered in conjunction with our partners. You will receive more detailed information when providing your personal data or in the small print relating to the service.
- If our service providers or partners are established outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we shall inform you about what this entails in the description of the service.
§ 5 Objection to processing your data or withdrawal of consent
- If you have given consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this at any time. Withdrawing your consent shall affect the admissibility of the processing of your personal data.
- Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on balancing various interests, you may object to the processing. This shall apply when the processing is not necessary for the performance of a contract with you which will be specified in the relevant description of the specific function. Should you exercise your right to object, we ask you to state your reasons as to why we may no longer process your personal data. In the case of a substantiated objection, we shall examine the situation and shall either discontinue/adapt the processing or we shall demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds on which we shall continue the processing.
- As a matter of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes and data analysis at any time. You can find out more on objecting to marketing by contacting: Datenschutz@ifok.de
§ 6 Use of our forum
- You can view our forum without having to register. Should you wish to play an active role in our forum, you will need to register by providing your email address, as well as a password and username of your choice. You may use a pseudonym instead of your own name. During the registration process, we use double opt-in, i.e. you are not fully registered until you have confirmed your registration by clicking on the link in an email sent to you for this purpose.
- Should you register a forum account, in addition to your registration data, we shall store any information you disclose in the forum, i.e. public posts, wall posts, friendships, private messages etc., for the purpose of running the forum. Legal basis: first sentence of Point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
- Should you wish to have your account or your public posts deleted, please contact the controller using the above contact details.
§ 7 Newsletter
- By giving your consent, you may subscribe to our newsletter which will keep you up-to-date with our latest services that may be of interest to you. The goods and services advertised will be named in the consent form.
- We use double opt-in during the registration process for our newsletter. This means that after your registration, we will send an email to the email address provided in which we ask you to confirm that you would like to receive our newsletter. We also store each of the IP addresses used, as well as the times of your registration and confirmation. This process is intended to verify your registration and to resolve any potential misuse of your personal data.
- After your confirmation, we will store your contact data so that we can send you the newsletter. Legal basis: first sentence of Point (a) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
- You may withdraw your consent for subscription to the newsletter and unsubscribe at any time. You can withdraw your consent by clicking on the appropriate link in every e-newsletter, by email to email@example.com or via a message using the contact details provided in the Imprint.
- Please note that we analyze your user behavior if you are in receipt of our newsletter. For the purposes of this analysis, our emails contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels which are one-pixel image files stored on our website. Links received via the newsletter also contain an individual ID. The data are only collected in pseudonymous form, i.e. your ID is not linked with your other personal data, hence it is not possible for you to be personally identified.
§ 8 Registration for events
- On our website, you may give your consent to registering for events.
- We use double opt-in during the registration process for an event. This means that after your registration, we will send an email to the email address provided in which we ask you to confirm that you are intending to register. We also store parts of each of the IP addresses used, as well as the times of your registration and confirmation. This process is intended to verify your registration and to resolve any potential misuse of your personal data.
- You may at any time withdraw your consent for registering for an event. You can withdraw your consent by sending a message using the contact details provided in the description of the event or in the email.
§ 9 Participation in online surveys
- On our website, you may give your consent to take part in online surveys.
- We use double opt-in during the registration process for online surveys. This means that after your registration, we will send an email to the email address provided in which we ask you to confirm that you are intending to register. We also store parts of each of the IP addresses used, as well as the times of your registration and confirmation. This process is intended to verify your registration and to resolve any potential misuse of your personal data.
- You may at any time withdraw your consent for registering to participate in online surveys. You can withdraw your consent by sending a message using the contact details provided in the email.
§ 10 Web analytics
- This website uses web analytics provider Matomo to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. We use the statistics obtained to improve our services and to make them more interesting for our users. Legal basis for the use of Matomo: first sentence of Point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
- You may block the use of Matomo by unticking the box below and in this way activating the opt-out plug-in:
Matomo stores a cookie on your computer to activate this blocker (for more details see §3). If this cookie is deleted, the blocker is deactivated.
- For the purposes of this analysis, cookies (for more details see §3) are stored on your computer. The controller stores the information obtained in this way only on its server in Germany.
- This website uses Matomo with the extension “AnonymizeIP”. This allows us to process IP addresses in an abbreviated format which prevents any personal identification. The IP address transmitted by your server using Matomo is not linked to any other data collected by us.
- Matomo software is an open source project. For third-party information regarding privacy go to https://matomo.org/privacy-policy .
§ 11 Social media
We do not use social media plug-ins on our website. Insofar as our website displays icons belonging to social media providers (e.g. Facebook or Twitter), we use these solely for passive linking to the sites of the respective providers.
§ 12 Data security
- We apply the commonly used SSL protocol (Secure Sockets Layer) to our website in order to encrypt the transmission of the pages. Depending on which browser you use, you can see whether individual pages on our website are encrypted if the padlock icon is displayed as closed in the address line of your browser.
- We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against incidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, deletion or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are constantly updated in line with the latest technological developments.
§ 13 Validity and amendment of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement shall be valid as of May 2018.
Due to improvements to our website and services or due to changes in legal or regulatory requirements, it may be necessary to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time. The current version of this Privacy Statement can be viewed on our website (https://www.ifok.de/en/data-protection-declaration) and printed at any time.